Credible Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Manchester United talisman Cristiano Ronaldo won’t force a move away from the club. Romano talked about Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United in an interview with United Stand’s Mark Goldbridge. According to him, Ronaldo is not missing from the Manchester United squad at the moment in a bid to force a move away from the club and that he won’t force an exit from the Premier League team as he’s probably the most professional player in the world. During the interview, Romano also said Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, would contacts with other clubs regarding the transfer of the five-time Ballond’or winner this week.
News broke earlier this month that Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Manchester United this summer as he’s not interested in Europa League football. Ronaldo returned to Manchester United last summer and things started well for him with a brace on the occasion of his second debutduring the 4-1 home win over Newcastle United in September 2021. He had returned to Manchester United from Italian outfit Juventus after 12 years away from the club. At the end of his first season of his second spell at Manchester United, he scored 24 goals and provided three assists in all competitions, but it was not enough to propel his team to Champions League football.
Since the news of a possible Manchester United exit for Ronaldo this summer, the Portuguese international has not reported for training and family matter was given as the reason behind his absence. He had been scheduled to return to training at the start of last week. Also, Ronaldo is a major absentee for Manchester United on their preseason tour of Asia and Australia.
New Manchester United manager Erik Ten Hag was asked about Ronaldo in his latest press conference on Monday ahead of the preseason friendly clash with arch rivals Liverpool. He told the that Ronaldo is not for sale and that the five-time Champions League winner has not informed him of his quest to leave the club this summer.